Thursday, April 26, 2012

What Exactly IS Clean Eating ??

What exactly IS clean eating ?

Many of my friends have been asking this question to me so I ventured online to find a better way to explain it than I have been.. and found this :

  • Clean eating is not eating processed foods.
  • Clean eating is not eating sugar. (at least very minimal amounts of sugar!)
  • Clean eating is not eating foods that have ingredients that I can't pronounce.
  • Clean eating is not eating foods with high fructose corn syrup....even though I can pronounce that.
So what cleaning IS, is this:

  • Clean eating is eating foods with fewer ingredients.
  • Clean eating is fueling my body with things that are FOOD and are meant to be put into my body.
  • Clean eating is trying new things. Things like tofu and polenta.
  • Clean eating is more plants, lean meats, and whole grains - less snack bars, cheese, and desserts.
And to add to this :

  • Clean eating is reading all the packages and making sure you choose foods that are LOW in sodium, low in sugar, and low in fats.
If you read any packages, you will see a very high content of sugars , fats and SODIUM . I was appalled the other day, looking at my once loved Wonton Soup from the freezer section of Costco.

Over 1400 mg of sodium in one bowl !!!!!!! YIKES !!

So what is clean eating ? Doing your homework on everything you put into yours and your childrens bodies, and doing all of the above :)

Happy clean eating friends !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment